Saturday 15 December 2012

Things to do with Cabbage & Gourmet Garden Herbs 2: Stir fried Savoy cabbage with chilli and ginger

I hadn't intended entering 2 cabbage dishes in the Gourmet Garden Blog Off/Cook Off, but hot on the heels of Red Cabbage Winter Salad, I was looking for something to serve with a delicious oriental style steak dish we had this evening.A savoy cabbage in the fridge provided exactly what I needed.

Stir fried Savoy Cabbage with Chilli and Ginger

serves 2 as a side dish

1 tbsp vegetable oil1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1/2 tsp Gourmet Garden Chilli
1tsp Gourmet Garden Ginger
6-8 leaves of savoy cabbage, stripped from the stalks and finely shredded
splash of soy sauce
sprinkling of sesame seeds


Heat the oils in a frying pan or wok, Add in the chilli and ginger, quickly followed by the cabbage, and stir, cooking for 2-3 minutes, splashing in the soy sauce as you cook. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top and serve.


2 comments:

  1. beautiful!... always great to have new cabbage recipes as it can be so dull sometimes!... very nice, may save it for Christmas day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I just did my first entry - think I'm too late - never mind! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments - please leave one. Unfortunately, I have been getting hideous amounts of SPAM so please can you do the word verification thingy?

UA-44695690-1