Saturday 18 August 2012

Easy (!) Cherry & Raspberry Cheesecake Tart

Yes, another EASY recipe.

Later today we are heading off to France. I am sooo excited. It's a long time since I have spent any appreciable amount of time there, and it is a place that I love, so I am looking forward to everything about the next 9 days, including time with the Husband and Blue & Pink. I am also looking forward to croissants and cheese, baguettes and ripe produce - tomatoes and peaches will be particularly on my hit list. We are taking the van over to Cherbourg and have one night booked in a camping municipal quite close by, then who knows where we will end up...

A few weeks ago, I made the no fuss fruit tart out of Kitchen for the Forever Nigella challenge. On Thursday, we had our last meal with Juliette, the French girl who has been staying with us for the last 3 weeks. Despite my fears she proved remarkably easy to feed. Over the time she was with us, as well as gaining an interesting insight into the sleeping habits of teenagers, it became clear that although skinny as a rake, in the annoying way of French teenage girls, Juliette likes her puddings. I wanted to make something special for her last night with us, but that wouldn't take up any time. Working on the same theme as the no fuss fruit tart, but using cherry jam and raspberries instead of lemon curd and mixed summer berries, I came up with 

Easy Cherry & Raspberry Cheesecake Tart

NB the only thing to note about this is that it needs about 4 hrs in the fridge (or longer) before eating.

375g digestive biscuits
75g soft unsalted butter
300g cream cheese, if you remember, get it out of the fridge beforehand
approx 300g cherry jam (I didn't measure exactly, just scooped it out till it looked right with the ceam cheese)
350-400g raspberries
dark chocolate for grating

Whizz up the biscuits and butter in a food processor till all crumbled and then press into a tart tin, (ideally approx 25cm diameter, and one with a loose bottom) to make a case. Put this in the freezer for 15 minutes or so to firm up.

Clean out the processor bowl and then whizz up (or just mix by hand) the cream cheese and jam, then spread into the bottom of the tart case.

Spread the raspberries gently over the filling (don't drop from a great height or they will sink in) and pop into the fridge for at least 4 hours, although over night would be good (it helps with getting it out of the tin for presentation purposes, if you are fussy about things like that).

When ready to eat, remove from the fridge and if you can, pop it out of the tin. Grate over some dark chocolate.

this is the last slice...





I thought I would link this up to the 'Zero Baking required' blog event because it's just that. This another great blog event organised and hosted by Sarah at Maison Cupcake. Check out lots of easy no bake recipes now that summer finally seems to be here :-)


Right, that's it from me. I'm off to pack me a van and head to the Continent. See you in 10 days time!

4 comments:

  1. What a genius recipe! I think my eldest would like to make this. Have a wonderful holiday, enjoy 'du vin, du pain' etc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great time! That looks lovely... and so easy. Definitely something to do when there's no time to bake ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a tart thats no bake, it certainly looks delicious. Cheery, raspberry and digestive biscuits are wonderful combinations x

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments - please leave one. Unfortunately, I have been getting hideous amounts of SPAM so please can you do the word verification thingy?

UA-44695690-1